Each Agent has his or her own Payables Ledger that contains all Charges, Payments, and Adjustments related to the balance due to the Agent after Commissions are received by the House.
In the Payables Ledger the balance owed to the agent is shown as a negative number in their payables ledger. Think of it as the House’s money – so when the agent is owed it comes out of the House, hence a negative number.
A Credit Adjustment will increase the balance owed to the agent, which means the numerical value in the ledger will go down. A Debit Adjustment will bring the balance owed to the agent down, the numerical value of the ledger goes up, which may cross into positive numbers (in instances when the agent owes the House).
- From the left-hand menu, select Payables
- Use the drop-down box to select the Agent for whom you would like to see the Payables
- Ledger will list Charges, Payments, Expenses, and all Credits and Debits associated with the selected Agent
- Each line item will list the associated Debit or Credit amounts and the resulting running Balance in the right most columns
- On the bottom edge of the window the Ledger will list the Totals of Debit, Credit and Balance Columns