Use the Misc Credit code for any adjustment intended to decrease the balance due on a Receivables ledger that should be reflected separately from the charge itself.
- From any ledger, click Misc Receivables. Select the Voucher you need to change, and give this transaction a date and a description.
- When Misc Credit is selected the ledger will display with an available check mark box by any charge that is available to apply this adjustment to
- Put check mark next to the line you would like to post the debit adjustment to
- Input the amount of the adjustment in the Transaction Amount field
- Click Preview Adjustment. A blue bar will appear at the bottom of the screen with all details for the Miscellaneous Credit.
- If everything appears as expected/needed, click Post in the lower right-hand corner to generate and move them into the Receivables Ledger.