Use the Agent Payment transaction code to post payments to agents that are not directly linked to earned amounts. This can be an advance or draw payment, for example. This adjustment will affect the agent's balance due, but allows you to pay more (or less) than the specific amount due to the Agent according to their Payables Ledger at any given time.
- Click on Misc Payables
- Select an Agent
- Select Agent Payment
- Give your adjustment a date and a description
- Select the appropriate Charge Category
- Input the Transaction Amount and the Check Number
- Click Preview Adjustment to see the line item as it will appear in the Agent’s ledger.
- If all is correct, click Post to save