List all General Ledger line items within the chosen date range, sorted by Account or Department. This can be useful for reconciling or manually updating your firm's actual General Ledger, wherever that may be maintained. This report can be printed, saved as PDF, or downloaded to Excel.
- Group By: Indicate if you would like to see your results grouped by Account or Department
- Start Date/End Date (required): Use these fields to indicate desired date range for your report. This filter refers to the Transaction Date of the entries. Limiting the Date Range may cause transactions to be excluded from this report.
- Show All: Put a check mark in this box or select one or multiple Accounts or Departments (depending upon selection in Group By filter.
This report generates the same 8 columns of data in both group by Account and group by Department filters. Data shows on the G/L distribution report on a 'Cash basis.' In other words, CommissionTrac entries that reflect actual cash income or disbursement will show on this report (Deposits and Agent Payments, as well as reversals to these).
- Date: Shows the date of the reported transaction
- Source: Reports the source of the transaction. See here for a list of Source Codes and their definitions.
- Ref No: This shows the reference line number for the reported transaction. Reference Numbers with an R after them came from a Receivables Ledger. Reference Numbers with an P after them came from a Payables Ledger.
- Lease/Agent: This column reports the Voucher ID and Name OR the Agent's ID and Name. If the Reference Number in the previous column is followed by an R, this column will report a Voucher ID and Name. If the Reference Number in the previous column is followed by an P, this column will report an Agent ID and Name.
- Description: Reports the Description from each line item.
- Debit: Gives the amount of each line item, when the line item INCREASES the balance.
- Credit: Gives the amount of each line item, when the line item DECREASES the balance.
- Balance: Shows the running balance of the ledger after each line item is posted.
This reports totals for each Account or Department (depending upon selection) and report totals for Debit, Credit, and Balance columns.